FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The 2021 HeadFit Awards ceremony has been redesigned as an online livestream event.
The awards ceremony and gala dinner had originally been set down for Wednesday, 9 March at Sorrento in the Park, Auckland. But with current high COVID-19 transmission rates and New Zealand COVID Protection Framework settings, HeadFit Awards convenor Grant Pritchard says an online format provides the greatest flexibility and accessibility for sponsors and finalists during the current outbreak.
“It’s been a rough few months for events in New Zealand, and like many events around the country, the HeadFit Awards has been impacted by COVID-19 Alert Level and Protection Framework restrictions. We might not be able to celebrate all together in person just now, but we can still celebrate,” says Pritchard.
“We’re excited to be delivering the event in an online format – and we’re adding some special touches you’re sure to enjoy, including keynote speakers, original Kiwi music and a $1,000 gift card giveaway.”
The decision to move to an online format for the 2021 awards ceremony until next year has been made with the support of Principal Sponsor, WorkSafe New Zealand and Charity Partner, Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand.
“We have been blown away by the understanding and support shown by our finalists, sponsors, suppliers and event support partners,” he says.
“This is a time of unprecedented uncertainty, and we are grateful for the ongoing patience and encouragement of everyone who has been involved in the awards. We can’t wait to celebrate with you at the awards ceremony livestream.”
A complete list of finalists can be found on the HeadFit Awards website at https://www.headfitawards.org/finalists/, and you can find out more about the awards ceremony livestream at https://www.headfitawards.org/covid/.
About the Event
About the Awards Ceremony Livestream
Winners will be announced during the 2021 HeadFit Awards Ceremony livestream at 5pm on Thursday, 31 March 2022, which includes:
- Watch from your place: With the awards ceremony livestream being broadcast simultaneously on LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook, viewers can watch the event from any PC tablet or smartphone — or watch it on the big screen via Chromecast or the YouTube app on compatible Smart TVs.
- Insight from guest speakers: Hear insights from innovators and leaders from across Aotearoa, expertly hosted by broadcaster and MC, Wilhelmina Shrimpton.
- Party at your place: You can dress up and get together with friends, family or colleagues to celebrate in a way that you’re comfortable with.
- Sounds of Aotearoa: Kiwi artist MOHI will play three original songs, including an exclusive performance of his brand new single “Te Aroha Mauroa”.
- Celebrate, share and win: Thanks to the amazing team at Mitre 10, we’re giving away a $1,000 Gift Card in connection with the awards ceremony. Learn more.
More information about the event is available on our dedicated event page at https://www.headfitawards.org/ceremony/.
Broadcaster and journalist Wilhelmina Shrimpton is Master of Ceremonies for the evening. She is an experienced MC and is sure to keep the audience engaged and entertained throughout the night. In the evening’s grand finale, the winner of the WorkSafe Supreme Award will be announced. This award honours the workplace or entry that the judges consider has demonstrated the greatest degree of leadership, excellence and positive impact relating to mental health at work.
We’ll also announce winner of the first ever AIA Vitality Legend Award for Lifetime Achievement. This award recognises a New Zealander who has made a significant impact on improving mental health at work over their working life.
About our sponsors
The HeadFit Awards would not be possible without the generosity and support of Principal Sponsor WorkSafe, and sponsors AIA Vitality, All About People, ANZCO Foods, Benestar, Business Leaders’ Health & Safety Forum, EMA, Ember Innovations, Groov by Mentemia, Ministry of Health, nib New Zealand, PwC New Zealand, Russell McVeagh, Spark, The Warehouse Group, Whittaker’s, Woo Wellbeing and Xero.
About the awards
The HeadFit Awards is New Zealand’s first national workplace mental health awards programme. They were established to celebrate individuals, teams and workplaces who are leading in the area of workplace mental health and have three primary goals:
- raising awareness of the critical role workplaces can play to support positive mental health for staff
- showcasing the work of winners and finalists to inspire and support other workplaces
- supporting the Mental Health Foundation as they work to improve mental health for all New Zealanders
About HeadFit Foundation
HeadFit provides mental wellbeing training, development and consulting services to New Zealand workplaces. HeadFit was created to help workplaces take a fresh look at how they do mental health at work. Because if we can change how we do mental health at work, we can change the world.
About Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand
Mental Health Foundation is New Zealand’s leading mental health charity. It provides resources, information, advocacy and programmes aimed at helping to create a society that is free from discrimination, where all people enjoy positive mental health & wellbeing.
For more information and interviews please use the following contacts or the contact details at https://www.headfitawards.org/contact/:
- Grant Pritchard
Mobile: 021 343 121
- Mark Wilson
Team Lead, Public Relations & Media Engagement
Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand
Mobile: 021 998 949