Last updated: 31 August 2021
It’s important that we celebrate the HeadFit Awards together in person, but your health and wellbeing is our number one priority.
As the government has indicated, the Alert Level changes that started on 18 August has given Aotearoa time to understand the scale of community transmission and start squashing the curve. We won’t hold the awards until New Zealand is at Alert Level 1.
Because of the extended lockdown across Auckland and beyond, we have activated our contingency plans and have moved the Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner to a later date: Tuesday, 16 November. If we remain confident that we’ll be at Level 1 by 16 November, we’ll hold the Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner on that date. We’re regularly assessing the situation and will make a call on proceeding or delaying closer to the date. We are working with our venue, suppliers, service providers and entertainers to confirm potential fallback date options.
If we’re unable to hold the event on 16 November due to the COVID-19 Alert Level, we’ll activate further contingency plans and reschedule to a later date. We’d let you know the revised date as soon as it was confirmed, and we’d try to make sure it was at least 4 weeks after the current scheduled date.
All tickets for the Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner are fully flexible, so this means:
- your tickets are valid for any revised date
- any ticket can transferred between staff if one of your guests can’t make the revised date
It is highly unlikely that we will move the event online or cancel it. If this were to happen, your ticket is fully refundable (less the 2.9% credit card processing charge from our payments partner Stripe, which is non-refundable).
We have put in place a number of mitigations to ensure guest safety, but we need your help to ensure that this event is a safe experience for all guests:
- Registration at venue: We have dedicated QR codes for this event. You must register your attendance at the venue using the NZ COVID Tracer app or by manually registering using our paper form at the door. If you do not register, you will not be permitted to enter the venue.
- Sanitiser and personal hygiene: Sanitiser will be provided at the venue. Please exercise good personal hygiene by thoroughly washing your hands and coughing into a tissue or your elbow.
- Illness and COVID isolation: If you are feeling unwell, have been overseas in the last 14 days, are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, or are currently self-isolating as a close contact or similar, you must not attend the event. Please let us and your organisation’s primary contact for this event know as soon as possible, as we’ll need to transfer your ticket to another guest from your organisation.
We’ll update this page and keep you apprised as the situation changes, but in the meantime feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
- 31 August: Updated to confirm awards night moving to 16 November
- 17 August: COVID-19 guidance originally published