FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HeadFit Foundation will match donations to the Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand between now and 31 March 2022, up to a total of $25,000 in matching funds. As part of the HeadFit Awards this week, it’s to raise a total of $50,000 and is calling on Kiwi workplaces of every size and stripe to give generously to support the Mental Health Foundation’s important work.
It’s time for some aroha in action
I’m not going to beat around the bush. This has been a hard season. Hard on tourism, travel and hospitality. Hard on essential manufacturing, logistics and retail workers. Hard on frontline healthcare workers. Hard on businesses, big and small. And hard on the Mental Health Foundation.
Mental Health Foundation is $300,000 down in fundraising support over the last year. You read that right: $300,000 down.
Our vision for the HeadFit Awards isn’t just to celebrate excellence in workplace mental health and inspire workplaces to take action. It’s also to stand with the Mental Health Foundation on their mission to create a more mentally-healthy future for all New Zealanders.
They desperately need your support. So we’re fundraising as part of the HeadFit Awards this week. And we want to make it easy for a little generosity to have a big impact.
You give + we give, with donation matching
We’re aiming to raise $50,000 for the Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand to help them close their funding shortfall. And to help us get there, we’re committing to match all of your donations on this page until 11.59pm on 31 March 2022 — up to a total of $25,000 in matching funds.
Bought a HeadFit Awards gala dinner ticket? Consider donating your ticket refund instead of keeping it
We’re in the middle of a refund process for around $35,000 in gala dinner tickets, and we’ve given all gala dinner ticket holders the option of receiving their refund or authorising us to donate it to the Mental Health Foundation. We’ve already had some awesome generous ticket holders (*cough* Mitre 10 and 2degrees! *cough*) who have agreed to donate their refund — but we’d love to see more aroha-in-action from other ticket holders if you’re able to make it work. If your organisation has already requested a refund but you’ve changed your mind, just flick an email through to [email protected] to authorise the donation.
Add your message of support (and your logo!)
If you’re taking the step of donating today: Ka mau te wehi / Awesome! When you donate, please consider adding a message of support for the Mental Health Foundation or share your thoughts on the importance of workplace mental health and why it’s important we do more in this space. And after you complete your donation, a screen will pop up that lets you upload your organisation’s logo or photo too.
Nā to rourou, nā taku rourou, ka ora ai te iwi
With your food basket and mine, the people will thrive
Thank you in advance for your kindness and generosity.
Noho ora mai rā / Take care of yourself
HeadFit Awards Convenor
About the event
About the awards
The HeadFit Awards is New Zealand’s first national workplace mental health awards programme. They were established to celebrate individuals, teams and workplaces who are leading in the area of workplace mental health and have three primary goals:
- raising awareness of the critical role workplaces can play to support positive mental health for staff
- showcasing the work of winners and finalists to inspire and support other workplaces
- supporting the Mental Health Foundation as they work to improve mental health for all New Zealanders
About the livestream
Winners will be announced during the 2021 HeadFit Awards Ceremony livestream at 5pm on Thursday, 31 March 2022, which includes:
- Watch from your place: With the awards ceremony livestream being broadcast simultaneously on LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook, viewers can watch the event from any PC tablet or smartphone — or watch it on the big screen via Chromecast or the YouTube app on compatible Smart TVs.
- Insight from guest speakers: Hear insights from innovators and leaders from across Aotearoa, expertly hosted by broadcaster and MC, Wilhelmina Shrimpton.
- Party at your place: You can dress up and get together with friends, family or colleagues to celebrate in a way that you’re comfortable with.
- Sounds of Aotearoa: Kiwi artist MOHI will play three original songs, including an exclusive performance of his brand new single “Te Aroha Mauroa”.
- Celebrate, share and win: Thanks to the amazing team at Mitre 10, we’re giving away a $1,000 Gift Card in connection with the awards ceremony. Learn more.
More information about the event is available on our dedicated event page at https://www.headfitawards.org/ceremony/.
HeadFit provides mental wellbeing training, development and consulting services to New Zealand workplaces. HeadFit was created to help workplaces take a fresh look at how they do mental health at work. Because if we can change how we do mental health at work, we can change the world.
About the Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand
Mental Health Foundation is New Zealand’s leading mental health charity. It provides resources, information, advocacy and programmes aimed at helping to create a society that is free from discrimination, where all people enjoy positive mental health & wellbeing.
For more information and interviews please use the following contacts or the contact details at https://www.headfitawards.org/contact/:
- Grant Pritchard
Mobile: 021 343 121
- Mark Wilson
Team Lead, Public Relations & Media Engagement
Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand
Mobile: 021 998 949